|Location||Denise Cowle Editorial Services, GLASGOW, G53 7SJ|
|Telephone||07825 774 407|
From humanities and educational publishing to working for organisations and companies of all sizes, I enjoy the challenge of bringing clarity and consistency to your writing.
I am highly skilled in on-screen proofreading and copy-editing and provide a quality service on time to your agreed budget.
I have a particular interest in digital educational materials, whether ebooks, apps or blended learning.
Having worked as a chartered physiotherapist in the NHS I am very experienced in healthcare, and I enjoy projects related to health and well-being.
On-screen proofreading, proofreading, on-screen editing, copy-editing, editing non-native English, answer checking
- English language teaching: teacher's books, student's books, skills books, exam practice, professional development titles, readers
- digital materials for ELT (e.g. ebooks, classroom presentation tools, apps, LMSs)
- multi-author books
For companies, schools and organisations:
- marketing materials
- company reports and white papers
I work for a broad range of education and trade publishers, as well as large organisations and individual clients.
I am experienced working with multi-level courses and complex textbook layouts.
I also enjoy working on reports and white papers across a wide variety of subjects.
Additionally, I have considerable experience in proofreading and testing digital materials for ELT.
- Attended SfEP conference 2014, 2015, 2016
- References course (SfEP) 2016
- Brush up your grammar course (SfEP) 2014
- On-screen editing 1 course (SfEP) 2013
- Welcome to copy-editing (Publishing Scotland) 2012
- Further proofreading (Publishing Scotland) 2012
- Welcome to proofreading (Publishing Scotland) 2011
Recent clients include:
- the British Council
- Cambridge University Press
- Cengage Learning
- Collins ELT
- the Commonwealth Secretariat
- CUP Mexico
- Macmillan Education
- Oxford University Press
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders
- English language teaching (ELT)
- English as a foreign/second language (EFL/ESL)
- social sciences
- allied health professions (occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, etc.)
- self-help / popular psychology
- patient information
- complementary/alternative medicine
- media studies (film and television)
- popular/preventive medicine
- cookery, home and leisure activities
Thoroughly enjoyed working with Denise on a project for Mexico this year. I was the project manager of the Teacher's Edition and she was the proofreader on all four levels. She proved herself to be an accurate, a quick, and a flexible proofreader who was a pleasure to work with.
Emma Wyman, Freelance Editor, ELT
I've found Denise to be supportive, encouraging and extremely professional. Her input into my work has been extremely valuable and beneficial, and I recommend Denise to anyone who requires proofreading or editing. I look forward to working with Denise in the long term.
Grant Cunningham, Social Media Consultant