A freelance editor, writer and producer with substantial experience of developing engaging educational materials and digital content.
I combine strong communication and project management skills with an outstanding eye for detail to assist my clients in delivering effective, innovative products. I specialise in creating content for a global audience, having held in-house roles at the British Council and the international publisher, Richmond.
I can provide support with research, writing, editing, video and audio production, digital content creation, content strategy and project management. If you are looking for freelance support in any of these areas, please get in touch; I am highly adaptable and would be happy to discuss the needs of your individual project.
- Developmental/substantive editing
- Video and audio production
- Project management
- Consultancy (content/editorial)
- Online materials
- Educational materials
- Language course materials
- Freelance since 2015
- Learning Content Devlopment Manager, British Council, 2012–2015
- Editor and Development Editor, Richmond, 2009–2012
- Digital Project Management (The Publishing Training Centre) 2014
- APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management (Association for Project Management) 2013
- House of Lords
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Eton College
- The British Academy
- BA Modern and Medieval Languages
- Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
Eleanor is a very professional editor and author who works to high standards. She is organised, reliable and efficient and liaises very well with in-house staff and the wider freelance team.
Sue Ashcroft, Publisher, Richmond
Eleanor is highly professional and articulate. She was tasked with editing course content, copywriting and producing video for an online course with FutureLearn. She showed a good understanding of the brief, wrote clear and fluid copy and demonstrated excellent attention to detail. She was calm and organised in challenging circumstances and delivered to deadline. I would strongly recommend her.
Emma Hutson, Associate Director, Unthinkable