|Location||Saltaire Editorial Services, SHIPLEY, West Yorkshire|
I am a freelance editor, proofreader and copywriter with many years' experience working for a variety of clients on a wide range of non-fiction subjects. I now specialise in editing material written by individuals who do not have English as a first language.
- I edit large, high-profile reports for an EU agency.
- I work on pre-submission journal articles and other material for academic authors from around the world.
I also provide copywriting and editing services to publishing, marketing and web design companies.
I served as marketing and PR director on the SfEP national council from Sept 2010 to Sept 2012. In 2013 I was awarded the SfEP's Judith Butcher Award 'for significantly raising the national and international profile of the SfEP, and the work of editors and proofreaders in general' through my voluntary work on social media.
- editing non-native English
- on-screen editing
- on-screen proofreading
- web page/site editing
- web page/site writing
- management (human resources, organisational development)
- education and training (particularly vocational)
- labour markets
- employment policy
- regional studies
- healthcare policy
- public relations
- business (management, marketing, organisational behaviour)
- social sciences
- pre-submission journal articles
- magazines and newsletters
- corporate communications
- press releases
- social media
Qualifications and awards
- SfEP advanced member
- BA (Hons) English (1986)
- Institute of Health Services Management Diploma (1991)
- Diploma in Copywriting (2010)
Freelance since 1995
- Introduction to web editorial skills (SfEP) 2011
- Brush up your grammar (SfEP) 2005
- Working for non-publishers (SfEP) 2002
- Web editing and proofreading (SfEP) 2002
International Correspondents in Education (European Training Foundation), individual authors (via Emerald Publishing and Charlesworth), W Foulsham & Co., Taylor & Francis (press releases), Hallmark Cards
Thank you for taking on this work for me. It is a great relief to have a professional both polishing the English and formatting the articles properly for the journals. With you in the production line, the research output of me and my colleagues (particularly me) has been greatly improved.Professor Dr Glenn Jenkins, Queen's University (Canada) and Eastern Mediterranean University, Institute Fellow Emeritus, Harvard University