|Location||Newport, South Wales|
|Mobile||Available on request|
I provide freelance technical writing services to anyone looking for simple, clear documentation. I also write website copy, create screencasts, edit text and more. I specialise in IT and web projects, but I can apply my skills to almost any type of work.
I'm an expert editor of websites, and can deal with raw HTML and CSS as well as CMS platforms such as WordPress and ExpressionEngine. Here's a little more about me and my services.
Find out more by visiting www.espirian.co.uk.
- Technical writing using Simplified Technical English (ASD-STE100 standard)
- Website editing
- Creating user manuals and online help
- Screencasting (creating instructional videos)
- More than 15 years of experience in IT and the web
- Current SfEP internet director (member of the SfEP council)
- SfEP South Wales local group coordinator
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC) South Wales Area Group Coordinator
- Pro member of the Professional Copywriters' Network
Qualifications and awards
- Virgin Media
- Royal Forestry Society
John’s ability to understand the product, the impact of the changes and come up with creative solutions to convey our message was first class.
Chris Plumbley, Senior Project Manager, Sky.com
Thanks for all your hard work John. This was a very complex piece of work and I think you’ve done a fantastic job.
Tony Cooper, Senior eCare Manager, Virgin Media
John’s ability to self-manage the process and take ownership of delivery has made it a pleasure to work with him. I would strongly recommend John to anyone.
Joe Blower, Technical Director, WEMS International