- Do you need an editor who knows a bain-marie from a bánh mì?
- Are you getting in a twist over oven temperatures and cooking times?
- Are your step-by-step instructions causing confusion?
- Does your international content need localising for a British audience?
- Is your copy crying out for a rewrite?
- Do you need someone who knows their way around InDesign?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, I could be the editor you're looking for. I pride myself on producing clear and accurate copy that fits the brief and suits your needs.
I specialise in cookery and food content (recipes, food content marketing, food-based travel guides, cookbooks and more) and have worked with major brands as a subeditor at Tesco Magazine, including Tate & Lyle, Fever-Tree and Thatchers Cider. I have worked extensively on magazines at Cedar Communications and Bauer Media UK. A full-time freelance since 2017, I offer a range of editorial services, including proofreading, copyediting and revision of non-native English content. I am also a qualified German to English translator.
I also edit and translate online and print content in the fields of travel and tourism, lifestyle, horticulture, popular science and more. I thrive on variety and pride myself on upholding my own very high standards whatever the subject at hand.
Services I offer include:
- copy-editing (on-screen or hard copy, in Microsoft Word using track changes and comment functions, or on PDFs)
- proofreading (using the British Standards Institution (BSI) mark-up symbols, blind or against copy, on hard copy or on-screen).
- website and app proofreading
- non-native English editing
- anglicization of US English content
- rewriting and copywriting
Copy-editing, rewriting, proofreading, consultancy (editorial), editing non-native English, anglicizing, foreign language proofreading (German), translating German into English, editing and copy-fitting on layout, recipe editing and testing, localising international food content and recipes.
Magazines, non-fiction books, websites, blogs, online materials, apps, company literature, travel guides.
- Freelance since 2017
- Subeditor, Cedar Communications, 2016-17
- Editor and Translator, Bauer Media, 2013-16
- Tesco Magazine
- Cedar Communications
- Bauer Media
- The Freelancer's Cookbook
- North One TV
- The History Channel
- Tate & Lyle
- Thatchers Cider
Food and drink, cookery, gardening and horticulture, crafts, tourism and travel, lifestyle, home and leisure, the German language, European history, popular sciences
BA German, Postgraduate Certificate in Translation (Open University).
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- PoEdit (for apps)
- Forscene (for transcription and subtitling)
Your work on this is amazing - everything is super clear, and exactly what I was looking for. It's so useful to have another set of eyes on it.
Rose Parkin, The Freelancer's Cookbook
Thanks so much for all your help and efficiency (as always!) with this project. You are a great asset to the team, and your organisation, enthusiasm and loyalty have been very much appreciated.
Managing Editor, Tesco Magazine
Just wanted to give you a shout out for being 100% awesome. The team simply wouldn’t function without your ability to produce unfailingly high-quality work under a huge workload and lots of pressure. What you do is not easy, and the fact you keep doing it to such a high standard issue after issue is outstanding. It’s a pleasure to work with you.
Account Manager, Cedar Communications