Proofreader and digital content specialist.
- Copy editing
- Plain/clear English editing
- English language editing
- Web content editing
- Books (non-fiction)
- Business materials (annual reports, press releases, whitepapers etc.)
- Policy papers
- Travel guides
- Web editor and content creator on central and local government websites
- Background in business-to-business journalism and English language teaching
- Former magazine editor
Recent clients include:
- Advanced Communities
- Ambitious About Autism
- Children of the Mekong
- Design & Build +
- Digital Radish
- Individuals (PhD students, independent authors of non-fiction books)
- TEFL Online Academy
- Together Group
Past clients include:
- Central Office of Information
- Financial Times Business
- Hemming Group
- Macmillan Cancer Support (via agency)
- NCVO (via agency)
- 2019: SFEP: Brush Up Your Grammar
- 2018: SFEP: Proofreading 2; attendance at SFEP conference
- 2017: Publishing Training Centre: Basic Proofreading, Grammar at Work
- 2016: Plain English Campaign: Plain English
- Business/business studies (B2B)
- English language teaching (ELT)
- Local government
- Technology and telecommunications
- Tourism/travel (France, Italy, the UAE, Hong Kong)
- BA Hons English & European Literature
- Postgraduate Certificate in Magazine Journalism
- Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
I am fluent in Italian and have a good level of French.
Michele has a great eye for detail. She is very fast and went above and beyond what was asked of her. I would definitely use her services again.
Brad F., Together Group (proofreading a presentation)
Michele was extremely quick and kept me very well updated with her progress. I would definitely use her again in the future.
Charlotte L., Ambitious about Autism (proofreading an annual report)
Highly recommend Michele. Very good, quick service; valuable information; detailed recommendations to improve my work.
A. Alkhaldi, (proofreading a PhD paper)
Thanks for your work over both weeks, Michele. You were excellent and everybody is very happy with your efforts.
Jermaine I., managing editor, The Hemming Group (sub-editing shifts)
I was so pleased to engage Michele as an editor. As a novice writer, I found her suggestions for improved readability and bringing out my author's voice particularly insightful. She has a keen eye for spotting possible reader queries and reactions and I found myself with a final copy that was lean and so much easier to read.
Theresa B., independent author of a non-fiction book (copy editing)