Page owner: Membership director
We hope that Retired Membership will be attractive to some subscribers who have given a lot to the Society and might want to keep in touch. It enables us to show the value we put on your continued participation in our debates; and is a sort of thank you.
The annual subscription is set at a special rate. Retired Members may:
- continue to belong to Local Groups
- receive Editing Matters
- access the Members' area of the website
- obtain legal advice from our 24-hour legal helpline
- receive SfEP Announce posts that do not advertise work available
- describe themselves, if they wish, as 'Professional Member (Retired)' or 'Advanced Professional Member (Retired)' (if they held those grades) and
- take advantage of non-editorial discounts negotiated for SfEP members
Please contact the office, if possible before 1 March, to confirm that you wish to renew as a Retired Member. In due course you will receive by email a renewal invoice showing that we have transferred you to that grade.
Because special terms apply to Retired Members, a change to Retired Membership is irreversible.