Upgrading to Intermediate Membership
Page owner: Professional development director
How long have you been working in copy-editing and/or proofreading?
- You may not be ready to upgrade immediately after training; it usually takes around 18 months to 2 years of practice before competence is achieved.
Who should apply?
- Intermediate Membership (IM) is suitable for those with some experience in copy-editing or proofreading who are working towards Professional Membership.
Are you a non-member wishing to join as an Intermediate Member?
- You must submit the evidence to support your application within one month of joining.
- If we do not receive your upgrade form within that time, we will enrol you as an Entry-Level Member (ELM).
- You can also upgrade at any time if you join as an ELM.
Please read all the information on these pages before submitting your application.
A lack of information will cause delay and may result in rejection of your application.