How long have you been working in copy editing and proofreading?
You may not be ready to upgrade immediately after training; it usually takes around 18 months to 2 years of practice before competence is achieved.
Who should apply?
- You do not need to upgrade to Intermediate Membership before applying for Professional Membership.
- Professional Membership is suitable for those with around 5 years of experience in copy-editing or proofreading, either as an employee or a freelance worker.
- You will be a professionally competent individual and can provide evidence of competence in copy-editing and/or proofreading.
Are you a non-member wishing to join as a Professional Member?
- You must submit the evidence to support your application within one month of joining.
- If no upgrade form has been received within this time, we will enrol you as an Entry-Level Member (ELM).
- You can also upgrade at any time if you join as an ELM.