Page owner: Magazine editor
The SfEP's digital magazine, Editing Matters, is published bi-monthly for those who work with words for publication, whether that is in traditional printed form or on the internet, or are simply interested in learning about the world of editing and proofreading. It's available free to all SfEP members and on subscription (or as a single issue) to non-members.
The magazine for editors and proofreaders
Editing Matters covers topics such as:
- developments in publishing
- new media and web editing
- the finer points of grammar and editorial practice
- business advice for freelances and small businesses
- our members and their achievements
- new developments in software
- training and professional development
Members can download the latest edition of Editing Matters or view the Editing Matters archive to access all previous issues of the magazine. The Editing Matters index has a comprehensive list of topics covered to date.
Buying and subscribing to Editing Matters via PDF
Single PDF issue: £4.00
One year's PDF subscription (six issues): £20.00
Send your name, email address, issue date (if buying a single PDF copy) and a cheque (made payable to 'SfEP') to:
Society for Editors and Proofreaders
176 Upper Richmond Road
London SW15 2SH
Contributing to Editing Matters
The magazine editor welcomes articles and letters from members on:
- the day-to-day work that members do
- unusual projects
- editorial standards
- the influence of new technology on the profession
- finer points of editorial practice
The views of Corporate Subscribers are especially welcomed.
Requests to reproduce articles
The copyright of all articles published in Editing Matters remains with the authors, to whom requests to reproduce them should be directed. Acknowledgement should also be made to 'Editing Matters: The magazine for editors and proofreaders'.