Recommended reference books and resources
Page owner: Information director
These recommendations – which have been compiled by Mary Hobbins with advice and suggestions from SfEP members – are intended to give guidance to newcomers to the profession and commend additions for more experienced members to add references that relate to their specialities.
If a ‘Buy this book’ link takes you to Amazon, then it will cost you nothing extra and the SfEP will get a percentage of the price you pay.
- General editing, publishing and style
- Dictionaries and thesauruses
- English grammar and usage
- International English usage
- Science, technology, engineering and medicine (STEM)
- Running a freelance editorial business