Competition: win a free place on one of our proofreading courses
Page owner: Marketing and PR director
How to enter
Please tell us in around 750 words what you have learned so far about the profession of being a proofreader and why good training has been or will be important to you.
- DOWNLOAD the entry form (don't try to complete it in your web browser) and then email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by the closing time of 5pm on Friday 12 May 2017. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered.
- The entry must be your own work and not already published (e.g. on your blog). Multiple, bulk and third party entries are not allowed.
- By entering, you accept that the SfEP may use and publish your entry, in part or in whole, and adapt it as reasonably required.
- By participating you fully agree and accept these terms and conditions. If the SfEP believes that an entry contravenes these terms and conditions, it will not be entered in the competition.
Judging and the prize
- The winning entry will be the one considered best by the judges from all correctly submitted entries received by the closing time. The judges’ decision is final.
- The prize is one place on one of the SfEP suite of proofreading courses – the winner’s choice of P1 (workshop or online), P2 or P3 (online). If you book and pay for P1, P2 or P3 between 21 April and the competition closing date, the prize will be a refund of the course fees. After the closing date you will receive a discount code to book a free place.
- The winner will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date. The winner’s name will be announced publicly, including on the SfEP website, forums and social media.
- To receive the prize, the winner is required to book the chosen course or claim the refund before 31 July 2017. Should the winner fail to do so, the prize will be forfeit.
The small print
- The competition is being run by the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition should be directed to the SfEP.
- The SfEP will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of entries and takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, not received, not delivered, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the SfEP’s control, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- This competition is governed by the law of England and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The SfEP is compliant with the Data Protection Act. We will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.