Reasons for training
'Training' is the current buzzword, and it's hard to come up with an argument against it. But what, within the editorial world, are the reasons why training is a good thing?
You might find answers in one of these articles on various aspects of training:
- Why train? Rosemary Roberts MBE considers the question.
- CPD: Training counts. Barbara Horn discusses continuing professional development.
- Buyer beware! Training from a user's perspective by Helen Bailey, formerly of John Wiley & Sons.
Study online – at a time and pace to suit you, wherever you are
Are you considering a career in proofreading but don't have the time to attend a workshop-based course?
If the answer to this question is yes, then the SfEP's online training courses may be for you.
The benefits of learning online include:
- no travel or accommodation costs
- being able to study at your own pace, at a time to suit you, wherever you are
- having immediate access to learning materials and exercises in an electronic format
- one-to-one interaction with a tutor, if you have any questions
- the opportunity to interact with other students via the course forum.
For further details see our list of courses.