The SfEP is often the first port of call for those who have queries about copy-editing and/or proofreading, for those who need these services and for those who provide them (or would like to). Here you will find answers to many of the questions that have come our way.
- What is copy-editing?
- Find out all about copy-editing and what copy-editors do
- What is proofreading?
- Find out all about proofreading and what proofreaders do
- What is the difference between copy-editing and proofreading?
- Find out how these two types of editorial work differ
- Using copy-editors and proofreaders
- Find out why and how to use the services of copy-editors and proofreaders
- Find out how to learn the skills necessary to be a copy-editor or proofreader
- Find out about the SfEP's mentoring programme
- Working freelance
- Find out all about life as a freelance copy-editor or proofreader
- Find out how to upgrade your SfEP membership
- Basic editorial test
- Find out about the SfEP's basic editorial test