Directory of Editorial Services
Page owner: Directory manager
If you're looking for a professional editor, proofreader or editorial project manager, the SfEP Directory of Editorial Services provides details of the skills, subjects and services offered by more than 500 SfEP members.
Search the Directory
Enter one or more keywords and then click Search.
Who and what are included?
Only Professional Members and Advanced Professional Members can take out an entry in the Directory. Entry-Level Members and Intermediate Members cannot have entries (see Membership structure for more information).
Members who attained SfEP accredited or registered status will include that information in their entries (see SfEP qualifications for more information).
Members' entries may include some or all of the following:
- contact details
- media in which they work
- specialised software
- qualifications and awards
- recent training
- recent clients
- subjects – the ones in bold are those in which they particularly specialise.
Each Directory entry includes the member's preferred method(s) of being contacted. If you have difficulty in getting in touch with any entrant, contact the SfEP office for help.
The SfEP positively encourages companies and other organisations to add a link to the SfEP Directory of Editorial Services on their intranets. To make this as easy as possible, we've supplied code and our logo to download. See Linking to the SfEP Directory of Editorial Services.
To reach all our members, or a specific subsection of them, you may also wish to take out a paid SfEPAnnounce advertisement.
The Directory evolves constantly through feedback both from its users and from members of the SfEP. Please send suggestions for improvements to the internet director.
- The SfEP Directory of Editorial Services should be considered a point of first contact. There is insufficient space in an entry to describe any individual's skills and abilities fully, and prospective clients must satisfy themselves that members are capable of the work on offer.
- The members themselves are responsible for their own entries and the SfEP has not made any attempt to vet them. The Society therefore cannot be held responsible for the quality of work of any member listed in the Directory.
- Inclusion in the Directory as a freelance does not necessarily mean that the member is self-employed as defined by HM Revenue & Customs and the Department for Work and Pensions.