Would you rather be ahead of the competition and planning your next series of innovative educational materials than managing the publication process?
Yes! Then let me take care of the latter.
I am a freelance educational publishing consultant, project manager and editor. Since 2000 I have worked on many educational products for primary and secondary learners and their teachers, in the UK and overseas. An advanced professional member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders, maths is my subject specialism. I am experienced in textbook development, the creation of digital products and blended learning.
You will find me flexible and reliable; friendly yet professional. Clients say they like my ability to solve problems with minimal fuss. They describe me as resilient.
I have acted as editorial consultant on a major educational reform project in central Asia.
- Balberry Press
- Cambridge University Press
- Hodder Education
- Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools
- Oxford University Press
- Rising Stars
How I can help you - project management
- The design and monitoring of the publication process from receipt of manuscript to final product
- Schedule, budget and quality management
- Producing author briefs and writing templates
- Recruitment of freelance publishing personnel
- Training new editors in structural editing, creating good author/editor relations, copy-editing, commissioning artworks and proofreading
How I can help you - editorial services
- Structural/development editing
- Editing in plain English
- Repurposing existing content
- Localising text to suit the intended audience
- Briefing artworks
- Picture research
- Copyright clearance
- XML workflow
- Copy-editing on screen
- Proofreading on screen using Acrobat’s mark-up tools
- Implementing corrections using InDesign or InCopy.
Maths (primary and secondary; GCSE, IGCSE, mastery) Science (primary)