|Telephone||01353 664 172|
|Mobile||07903 494 093|
- Foreign-language copy-editing (French)
- Foreign-language proofreading (French)
- Multi-author books
- Educational materials
- Language-course materials
Qualifications and awards
- MA Applied Linguistics
- BA Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic
- Freelance since 2006
- Qualifications manager at OCR (Cambridge Assessment), 2006–2009 (part-time)
- Assistant development manager at Asset Languages (Cambridge Assessment), 2004–2006
- Copy-editing mentoring scheme (SfEP), 2006
- Proofreading mentoring scheme (SfEP), 2005
- Copy-editing problems (SfEP), 2005
- Basic proofreading by distance learning (Publishing Training Centre), 2005
- Basic editing by distance learning (Publishing Training Centre), 2005
- Proofreading problems (SfEP), 2005
- Cambridge Assessment
- Cambridge University Press
- Voltaire Foundation
- Wiley Blackwell
- Windhorse Publications
- Wisdom Publications
- York Press
- Cultural studies
- Language and linguistics
- Religion and theology
Accurate and high-quality service. Deadlines met. Broad range of subjects. Experience of general and academic material.
I have worked with Leah for the past 11 years, specifically in relation to the academic series ‘Oxford University Studies in the Enlightenment’ (Voltaire Foundation). Leah’s copy-editing of manuscripts – in both English and French – is consistently of the highest quality, and always delivered to schedule and on budget.
An increasing number of our manuscripts include additional and non-standard materials, such as tables, addenda and illustrations, or are authored by non-native English or French speakers. I am always very confident in giving these more complex projects to Leah, and am very happy with her ability to solve any related problems or issues, and raise these to my attention as appropriate.
Lyn Roberts, Senior Publishing Manager, Voltaire Foundation
Leah is meticulous, efficient, highly skilled, and always does an amazing job. I really appreciate the calm and accomplished way she deals with any complexities and challenges. She is a pleasure to work with, and I could not recommend her more highly.
Michelle Bernard, Publishing Controller, Windhorse Publications
As my contributors continue to send in their corrected proofs, there is consistent praise for the careful and sensitive job of copy-editing throughout. Please convey our thanks and compliments to your editor!
Professor of English at the University of Windsor, Canada; editor of a multi-author volume