|Location||EYNSFORD, Nr. Dartford, Kent|
I have 12 years experience as a freelance copy editor and proofreader. I am comfortable working across a wide range of text types, including academic textbooks, articles for individual academics, theses/dissertations, international law documents, online database content and general books on fashion, crafts and lifestyle. I have practical experience in music, theatre and crafts, and business experience in law. I also act as a mentor on the SfEP mentoring scheme, helping new editors and proofreaders to achieve excellence in their chosen career.
I like to help ensure any text is presented in the most effective form for its target audience, while also paying attention to detail.
- Proofreading (on screen and on paper)
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish and German
- Law: academic textbooks, international protocols, database content
- Music: academic textbooks on all genres including classical, pop and rock, folk and world, instruction books
- Theatre and drama
- Crafts: knitting and crochet, sewing and dressmaking, embroidery, needlecraft, weaving
- Fashion and textiles: history of fashion, design, theatrical costume design and construction
- Vintage: costume, hairstyles, lifestyle
- General lifestyle books
Books, international protocols, online database content, articles, directories/yearbooks, journals, magazines, newsletters, programmes (concert, theatre, film), theses and dissertations
Qualifications and awards
BA (Hons) Humanities with Creative Writing and English Language
Proofreading by distance learning (Publishing Training Centre)
On-screen Editing 1 (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
Editing and Proofreading Music (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
Cambridge University Press, Out of House Publishing Solutions, Crowood Publishing, London College of Fashion, Ashgate Publishing, RCL Ltd, Rotovision, GMC Publications, Saxon Graphics, Quarto Publishing, Kyle Books, David & Charles, Marabout Hachette, Quintet Publishing
Thanks for the excellent work. I really appreciated your attention to detail.
Stuart Maslen, Honorary Professor, University of Pretoria