|Location||EYNSFORD, Nr. Dartford, Kent|
I have 15 years experience as a freelance copy editor and proofreader. I am comfortable working across a wide range of text types, including academic textbooks, articles for individual academics, theses/dissertations, international law documents, online database content and general books on fashion, crafts and lifestyle. I have practical experience in music, theatre and crafts, and business experience in law. I am a tutor on the SfEP copy-editing and proofreading training courses, helping new editors and proofreaders to achieve excellence in their chosen career.
I enjoy helping to ensure any text is presented in the most effective form for its target audience, while also paying attention to detail.
- Proofreading (on screen and on paper)
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish and German
- Law: academic textbooks, international protocols, database content
- Music: academic textbooks on all genres including classical, pop and rock, folk and world, instruction books
- Theatre and drama
- Crafts: knitting and crochet, sewing and dressmaking, embroidery, needlecraft, weaving
- Fashion and textiles: history of fashion, design, theatrical costume design and construction
- Vintage: costume, hairstyles, lifestyle
- General lifestyle books
Books, international protocols, online database content, articles, directories/yearbooks, journals, magazines, newsletters, programmes (concert, theatre, film), theses and dissertations
Qualifications and awards
BA (Hons) Humanities with Creative Writing and English Language
Proofreading by distance learning (Publishing Training Centre)
On-screen Editing 1 (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
Editing and Proofreading Music (Society for Editors and Proofreaders)
Cambridge University Press, Newgen, Crowood Publishing, Intellect, F&W Media, London College of Fashion, Edward Elgar, Ashgate Publishing, RCL Ltd, Rotovision, GMC Publications, Saxon Graphics, Quarto Publishing, Kyle Books, Marabout Hachette, Quintet Publishing
Thanks for the excellent work. I really appreciated your attention to detail.
Stuart Maslen, Honorary Professor, University of Pretoria