Fiction and travel editing for self-publishers, debut novelists and established authors
Do you worry that your plot isn’t pacy enough, your characters lack credibility or your ending fails to deliver? I can help point you in the right direction.
I edit fiction and travel titles for self-publishers, debut novelists, established authors and publishing houses. I’m also a published author myself, so I know how important it is to find an editor you can trust.
Please visit www.lucyridout.co.uk to find out how I can help you produce the best possible book.
Editorial services: fiction and travel
- Fiction: commercial fiction, literary fiction, historical fiction, romantic fiction, genre fiction, women's fiction, crime novels, thrillers, fiction in translation
- Travel: travelogues, guidebooks
- Structural and developmental editing: pace, structure, characterisation, style
- Copy-editing: grammar, punctuation, clarity, consistency
- Advice on self-publishing
- Freelance editor of novels and travel titles for 25 years
- Developmental editor and copy-editor of commercial and literary fiction for publishing houses
- Author of guidebooks about Thailand and Indonesia for Rough Guides
- Sub-editor on the Radio Times (BBC Magazines)
- Editor of Kansai Time Out (Japan)
- Self-publishing authors
- Allen & Unwin
- Atlantic Books
- Cornerstone Random House
- Head of Zeus
- Rough Guides
- Trailblazer Guides
Please visit my website for a list of some of the books I have worked on.
That was the most satisfying critique I have read of any work I have produced.
Brilliant, a total pro. Sweetly flattering, masterfully gentle with my tottery ego, but tenacious.
Self-publishing author (travel)
I really do understand the phrase 'I couldn’t have done it without you' now.
Self-publishing author (fiction)
Thank you for embracing this project with the professional expertise I needed as well as the personal care I hoped for.