Adding attachments to posts
Page owner: Internet director
When posting a message to any of the SfEP forums, you can upload files as attachments to that post.
Files uploaded by this method are viewable only within the forum. They aren't converted to email attachments when messages are distributed from the forum to any email-notification system.
Responsibility for the security of an attachment lies with the person who is uploading it. Anyone downloading and opening an attachment does so at their own risk.
To add an attachment to a post, follow these simple instructions:
- Create a new post or reply to an existing one.
- While composing the message, click Attach a file …
- Click Choose File (the button may look different to the one shown below, depending on your OS and browser). Individual attachments are limited to a file size of 5MB, and no more than 10 attachments may be added to a single post.
- Browse to the file on your computer. Once you've found what you're looking for, click Choose.
- You'll see that the name of the file is now in the attachment box. Click Attach.
- If you find that you've inadvertently attached the wrong file, click the Delete button to remove it. If you want to attach further files, click Attach another file … and repeat the procedure. Optionally, click 'Create link in message' to place a hyperlink to the attachment within the body of the message.
- Complete the rest of your message and then click Post message.
After the message has been posted
The list of topics in the forum will indicate that your message is accompanied by an attachment by showing Files attached after the title of the topic.
When the message is viewed, the attachment will appear at the bottom.